2012 – 2016
- YouTube and Brokerage of Social Transactions in the Philippines. I am collaborating with Associate Professor Cheryll Soriano of De La Salle University, Philippines for this project.
- Transnationalisation of Intimacy (Book Chapter). This conceptual book chapter is in collaboration with Dr. Yang Hu of Lancaster University, UK.
- Digital Media and Music in the Philippines (Journal Article/s). This research project is being worked upon with Dr. áine Mangaoang of Universitetet i Oslo.
- International Students and Digital Sexual Health and Well-being. This research project is being developed with Dr Benjamin Hanckel of Kings College London.
- Foreign Workers in the Care Industry in Australia. I am working with Dr Arlene Ozanne (University of Otago, New Zealand) and Dr Ruth Carlos (Ryukoku University, Japan) for this project. This research study is an extension of previous studies that explored the role of foreign workers in the care industry in New Zealand and Japan. The project is granted a Grant Priming Fund from the University of Otago (2019).
- The 2020 Pilot Research Grant, Alfred Deakin Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation.
- Taiwan Foundation for Democracy grant with Professor Anita Harris (Research Professor in the Alfred Deakin Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation), Dr. Jian Xu (Lecturer in Communication, Deakin University), Dr. Amelia Johns (Senior Lecturer in Digital and Social Media, University of Technology Sydney).
- 2020 Publication Excellence Scheme, Alfred Deakin Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation.
- Paper presentation, Association of Asian Studies (AAS) International Exchange Grant, 2020 AAS Conference (Cancelled), Boston, MA, 19 – 20 March.
- Paper presentation, Gender, Migration and Digital Networks in Asia Workshop, Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore, 20 - 21 February.
- Keynote speaker, 18th Annual International Conference on Japanese Studies, Japanese Studies Program of Ateneo de Manila University & Japan Foundation, Ateneo De Davao, Philippines, 31 January - 1 February.
- Publication Excellence Scheme, Alfred Deakin Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation and Conference presentation support funding, Faculty of Arts and Education, Deakin University. Paper presentation:
- Cabalquinto, E. C. B., “Hey, I like your videos. Relate much!”: Locating sisterhood in a postcolonial public on YouTube, Association of Internet Researchers (AoIR) Conference, Queensland University of Technology, 3 – 5 October.
- Soriano, C. and Cabalquinto, E. C. B., “Bridging, coaching and boundary spanning: Brokerage and intermediation in Philippine online platform labour economy”, Association of Internet Researchers (AoIR) Conference, Queensland University of Technology, 3 – 5 October.
- Cabalquinto, E. C. B., “The curated life of an online bride: Unpacking the paradoxical visualisation of agentic femininity on YouTube”, Association of Internet Researchers (AoIR) Conference, Queensland University of Technology, 3 – 5 October.
- Funding from the School of Communication and Creative Arts, Deakin University for the Visiting Scholar Program, Centre for Mobilities Research (Cemore), Lancaster University, United Kingdom. Paper presentation:
- Cabalquinto, E. C. B. "The infrastructures of an [im]mobile family life", Centre for Mobilities Research (Cemore) at Lancaster University, 18 June. [Presentation link]
- Cabalquinto, E. C. B. (invited), “Standby mothering: Temporalities, affects and politics of mobile caregiving”, Seminar Series, chaired by Professor Jessica Ringrose and panel responded Professor Carol Vincent, UCL Centre for Sociology of Education and Equity, 14 June. [Presentation link]
- Funding from the School of Communication and Creative Arts, Deakin University. Paper presentation in “Digital Intimacies 4: Porousness & Permutations" at Curtin University, Perth and "Youth futures: Connection and mobility in the Asia Pacific" at Deakin University. Paper presented:
- Cabalquinto, E. C. B, "Visa is expensive but if it's the love of your life then it's worth it, right?" Re-examining the curation of a Filipina-Australian relationship on YouTube, Digital Intimacies 4: Porousness & Permutations, Curtin University, 5 - 7 December 2018.
- Cabalquinto, E. C. B., "On diverse and structured mobilities: The im/mobile life of the Filipino adult migrant children in Melbourne, Australia", Youth futures: Connection and mobility in the Asia Pacific, Deakin University, 15 -16 November 2018.
- School of Media, Film and Journalism (Round 3 – Research Grant), Participant – 2018 Digital Media Research Centre (DMRC) Summer School
- School of Media, Film and Journalism (Round 3 – Research Grant, Paper presentation for “At home with digital media” (QUT, Brisbane) and “Digital Intimacies 3.0: Connections and Disconnections” (RMIT, Melbourne). Paper presented:
- Cabalquinto, E. C. B., "You really love us, my son": Rethinking intimacy at a distance by unravelling the politics of digital remittances and gift giving,” Digital Intimacies 3.0: Connections & Disconnections, RMIT, 13 - 15 November.
- Cabalquinto, E. C. B., “The politics of a mobile home: Uneven mediated mobilities and fixities in the conduct of family life at a distance,” At home with digital media, Queensland University of Technology, 2 -3 November.
- Travel Grant with Dr. Maitel Ladrido, iCat Conference, Hallym University, ChuncheonKorea. Paper presented:
- Cabalquinto, E. C. B. and Ladrido, M., On Ritualistic (Dis)Connections: Re-imagining the Homeland Through the Lens of Affective Media, Changing Ecologies of Media Industries: Technology, Business, Policy, and Culture, International Conference, Chuncheon, Korea, 23 - 25 April.
- Monash Postgraduate Publications Award. Output of two journal articles in Q1 journal publication.
2012 – 2016
- Monash Graduate Scholarship (MGS)
- Monash International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (MIPRS)
- Monash Graduate Research Funding
- Monash Postgraduate Travel Grant